Sunday, February 1, 2009

Set List Shame

I’m posting this worship service review in collaboration with other worshipers in the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival at FredMcKinnon.Com”.  http://www.fredmckinnon.com/myblog/2009/02/01/sunday-setlists-28/

This week my Sunday worship was not my ordinary worship experience.  Typically, I attend the Sunday evening - 5:30 mass.  This week my family decided to attend the Saturday evening - 5:30 mass.  The Sunday evening mass is our contemporary, I know the songs and sing along.  It comes towards the end of a long church day for me.  I generally sit up-front and I am tuned in.  I generally get recharged at this mass.

This week was different.  Saturday I spent the day at Lay Ministry training and was drained when I got home - sitting all day in class is for young people.  We had already decided to go to Saturday night mass as a family - due to the Super Bowl we do not have Sunday evening faith formation programming.  During the school year we rarely go to mass together because I am busy at Faith Formation all Sunday morning and the family goes to 10:30 mass.  The Saturday night mass is the "old person" (older than me) mass.  Music is very traditional.  I basically yawned through the entire service.  I do remember the 1st scripture was from Deuteronomy and the sermon was about mental illness and demonic possession.  Because I am not going to my regular service tonight, I am missing our new priest and his dynamic lessons.

I pray next week is better.

No comments: